Web development

Mark Peoples hondaman@mainex1.asu.edu
Sat, 04 Mar 2000 20:07:55 -0700

Sent you a private e-mail as well...

as far as your 2nd question: Yes and yes.

1st part: accomplished with netconf or ipconfig
2nd part: accomplished with <VirtualHost> in your Apache setup files.

Both are very easy to do. <g>

Mark Peoples - gascsd@gascairlines.com

-----Original Message-----
From: Kevin Brown [mailto:kevin_brown@uswest.net]
Sent: Saturday, March 04, 2000 8:00 PM
To: plug-discuss@lists.PLUG.phoenix.az.us
Subject: Web development

I'm in the process of setting up a server to begin a small website.  I
currently
have DSL 256K Deluxe with USWest as my ISP.  It is great for personal use (3
people, 6 systems online).  I want to migrate a Dec Alpha multia that I was
able
to get up and running for just this purpose.

I am looking into getting a second DSL connection, as a starting point for
BW,
with a different ISP to remove the system from my home network and thereby
reduce the damage that could be done if someone hacked it.  I need at least
one
static IP, I would prefer that the DSL modem was run in bridging mode.  Any
recommendations?

Current Hardware
DEC Alpha Multia 166
96MB RAM
1GB 2.5" SCSI HD
running RH6.0 w/o X
default kernel 2.2.5-16

Next question.  Is it possible to bind more than 1 IP to a NIC and have
apache
serve up the appropriate website based on the IP that was requested and if
so,
what all needs to be configured.  Thanks for the help.

--
"Intel giveth and Microsoft Taketh Away" - Gordon Moore