Something must be done! (Security)

James, Justin justin.james@intel.com
Fri, 3 Mar 2000 09:46:07 -0800

Jiva,

For redhat there is a program called autorpm that I will go to your site of
redhat site of choice and download anything in the update directory that you
already do not have.  I used the program about a year ago and it worked
great cause I could either use cron or run it interactively.

Later,

Justin

-----Original Message-----
From: jiva@devware.com [mailto:jiva@devware.com]
Sent: Friday, March 03, 2000 1:35 AM
To: plug-discuss@lists.PLUG.phoenix.az.us
Subject: Something must be done! (Security)

2 count em 2 of my friends running linux discovered tonight their
machines had been rooted!  And the only reason was because they didn't
keep their packages up to date.  Does anyone know of a script that'll
get just the latest security fixes on RedHat?
--
I think I am an overnight sensation right now!!