free ppp access

der.hans PLUGd@LuftHans.com
Tue, 29 Feb 2000 19:07:54 -0700 (MST)

moin, moin,

I've had a couple of people ask me recently if any of the free isp
connections such as freewwweb, freeinet.com or netzero.com support Linux
as a dialup client. I don't see anything, but thought someone mentioned
freewwweb working because you can get in via a normal ppp dialup setup.

I also saw that one of the things had a 3.1 client, so it might work via
wine.

Personally I say pay for the damned connection, but if it floats their
boat we might as well let them get spammed with advertising....

danke in Voraus,

der.hans
--
#  der.hans@LuftHans.com                  www.excelco.com #