terminal background color

Rick Rosinski rick@rickrosinski.com
Tue, 29 Feb 2000 19:49:33 -0700

If you are starting the terminal from within X, you can change anything about
the terminal, including the window size.
For example.  xterm -fg white -bg black -geometry 640x480 -fn 10x20.
For just the background, do xterm -bg red.
I don't know how to change the text mode terminal, but I know it involves
adding an environment variable in /etc/profile or $HOME/.profile.
Good luck.