DHCP and Cox

David Demland demland@home.com
Sun, 25 Jun 2000 11:07:05 -0700

------=_NextPart_000_0017_01BFDE95.7F222220

I am having a problem with DHCP and Cox. I can ping out the port with =
both an IP and a name, using a static IP. The problem, when I change =
back to DHCP on the card I fail to get anything back. I have tried both =
dhcpcd and pump both fail. What do I have to do to set up the DHCP on =
the outgoing card? I have bind running and I finally got a hold of Cox =
and got the primary and secondary DNS IPs. I have the following lines in =
my /etc/resolv.conf file:

search demland.sys
nameserver 24.1.240.33
nameserver 24.1.240.34

Yet when I try to start dhcpcd, or pump, I still get an error. Yet the =
static IP still works, what am I missing?

------=_NextPart_000_0017_01BFDE95.7F222220

<HTML><HEAD>
http-equiv=3DContent-Type>
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>I am having a problem with DHCP and =
Cox.=20
</FONT><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>I can ping out the port with both an =
IP and a=20
name, using a static IP. The problem, when I change back to DHCP on the =
card I=20
fail to get anything back. I have tried both dhcpcd and pump both fail. =
What do=20
I have to do to set up the DHCP on the outgoing card? I have bind =
running=20
and&nbsp;</FONT><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>I finally got a hold of Cox =
and got the=20
primary and secondary DNS IPs. I have the following lines in my =
/etc/resolv.conf=20
file:<BR><BR>search demland.sys<BR>nameserver 24.1.240.33<BR>nameserver=20
24.1.240.34<BR><BR>Yet when I try to start dhcpcd, or pump, I still get =
an=20
error. Yet the static IP still works, what am I=20
missing?</FONT></DIV></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_0017_01BFDE95.7F222220--