Mandrake 7.1

Jason Brown jason.brown@thelinuxstore.com
Tue, 20 Jun 2000 11:43:21 -0700

Sane 1.01 works for me.  I went back to Mandrake7.0 where everything works.  I
use xscanimage as the frontend, either by itself or within gimp (you just copy
the program in the gimp's plugin directory so gimp will see it).  I have been
very happy with the 1220s' capabilities.

Once installed, it is easy to use.  You will have to chmod the proper /dev/sgX
for user to be able to use the scanner.

Jason

On Mon, 19 Jun 2000, you wrote:
> What version of SANE do you have?  Which one worked.  I've got a Umax 1220s
> scanner and I'd like to be able to use if with Linux so any advice you could
> give would be appreciated.
>
> Don
>

> > the only problem I have had is that the newer version of sane is broken
> for
> > the umax 1220s (others ?).
> >
> > Jason

Jason Brown