Client behind FW cannot get out

Michael J. Schweppe michael@schweppe.org
Mon, 19 Jun 2000 08:02:03 -0700

Hi List:

I have a Linux box with RH 6.1 and a Windows 98 box.  The Linux box is
set up as a FW and with IP Masq.  My ISP is @Home.  Up until last night
all was well in the land.

Last night as a storm was moving through Chandler I shut down both
machines as a precaution.
First Windows and then Linux.  Afterwards I restarted Linux and ran the
FW script,
then started the Win box.  I went on to check mail on the Win box and
couldn't
get out.  All the modem lights were functioning properly.  I can get out
on the Linux box and ping the Win box.  I can have the Win box ping
itself and the Linux box, but the Win box cannot ping outside.

I previously recorded all the settings in netcfg for Linux and all
appears well.  I'm not certain where or how to proceed at this point.
I'm really new at the FW/IPMasq business and feel lost at this point.

Thanks,

Mike