Unix admin jobs available

rleonard rleonard@aprnet.com
Mon, 19 Jun 2000 11:47:50 -0700

Excellent idea, also you might want to consider taking the initiative and
contacting some of these companies and see if you can make an internship
available, sell them on your motivation, what you have done, what your goals
are, your availablity, willingness to learn.  Have you volunteered for the
PLUG web design team?  Have you volunteered to present a topic at a plug
meeting, or even to organize a plug meeting?

Alot of seasoned admin's would as you said "like to land a nice admin job" ,
it's called paying your dues, and showing motivation, just in time learning,
studying your ass off, and a little bit of luck.  And then again i'm sure
there are a few that are asking "would you like to supersize that".

The majority of the companies do go thru colleges and universities as it
allows them to get more focused individuals, remember these companies are
out to make a profit, and do not want to waste thier time training an
unworthy candidate where the ROI might not make good business sense.

Keep pluggin' away and sooner or later you'll kick open the right
door.....(btw, hold the pickles! ;) )

rbl