Unsolicited Faxes and TheLinuxStore.com

Mark Peoples hondaman@mainex1.asu.edu
Fri, 16 Jun 2000 22:49:19 -0700

Just to be devil's advocate, PHP isn't strictly web-based.  =)

-----Original Message-----
From: Mike Cantrell [mailto:yomahz@devnull.org]
Sent: Friday, June 16, 2000 10:44 PM
To: plug-discuss@lists.PLUG.phoenix.az.us
Subject: Re: Unsolicited Faxes and TheLinuxStore.com

Heh.. the linuxstore.. those guys are a joke. I met a their 'web guys' at a
bar awhile back and we had a rather interesting discussion. It went a little
like this:

Me: 'Nice Shirt' (he was wearing a penguin T-shirt)

Guy1: 'Actually I hate Linux'

Me: 'lemme guess.... you like BSD?'

Guy1: 'Wow! lemme shake your hand... Linux sucks'

Me: 'Hold on there a sec... BSD is great but they each have their
advantages'

Guy1: 'Whatever'

Sometime later while discussing our jobs:

Me: 'I'm a Perl developer... I mainly work with web stuff (Apache/mySQL)..'

Guy1: 'Perl sucks'
Guy2: 'Yeah.. PHP rules!'

Me: 'Umm.... what happens when you want to do something besides web stuff?'

Guy[12]: 'Ummm.... yeah.. I guess Perl is OK'

Me: 'Anyways... I've been learning C++ and I like it so far..'

Guy1: 'C++ sucks'
Guy2: 'Yeah... C rules..'

Me: 'What? Isn't C a subset of C++?'

Guy[12]: (strange looks on face)

Me: 'The C++ compiler can do anything the C compiler can do... the C
compiler lacks many features that the C++ compiler has... right?' (Note:
this is my understanding.. I'm sure I'll be corrected if I'm wrong :)

Guy[12]: 'I guess your right'

I don't think we said much else to each other after that... It was kinda
funny.

Regards,
Mike Cantrell