OS choices [was Re: OpenBSD 2.7 is out]

datawolf@ibm.net datawolf@ibm.net
Fri, 16 Jun 2000 03:32:41 -0700

Nathan Saper wrote:

> You might also want to try out SCO.  I haven't used it myself, but as
> commercial *nix's go, I've heard that it's quite good.  Most of the
> people I've talked to prefer it over Solaris.  And you can get a free
> non-commercial license for it, and then you only have to order the
> media (which is like $10 or something).

I've never talked to anyone who prefered SCO over any other Unix.  The
people I hang out with may just be biased, though.  IMHO, Linux is way
cooler than SCO.

For those of you who missed the comment below, Solaris gives out free
licenses for non-commercial use, with a small fee for media.

> BTW, are you doing the free Solaris 8 thing, or are you actually going
> to buy it?

Good heavens, no!  I'm doing the free thing.  :-)

-BVG