OpenBSD 2.7 is out

Kevin Buettner kev@primenet.com
Thu, 15 Jun 2000 13:24:02 -0700

On Jun 15, 12:55pm, KeithSmith wrote:

> I am running OpenLinux by Caldera 2.3 and am
> wondering if there would be any advantage to
> switching to OpenBSD?

My advice:  stick with Linux for a while and gain some experience with
it first.  You'll find that nearly all of the skills that you pick up
with linux will be readily transferable to *bsd should you decide to
move there in the future.

For the time being, Linux is where much of the mindshare is.  You'll
find more books on Linux, more web pages dealing with Linux, more
third party support for Linux, etc.  Plus many of the folks on this
(local) list will be able to answer your linux questions whereas we'd
be hard pressed to do so for OpenBSD.  (I have no idea if there's a
comparable *BSD group in AZ.)

Kevin