chose new ISP, now can dial them but not connect

Mark Peoples hondaman@mainex1.asu.edu
Tue, 13 Jun 2000 13:46:02 -0700

It's been like 6-8 months since i've had dialup w/Inficad (now on
DSL)...but, if I remember correctly, the username prompt ended in  > >  and
the password was  ord:   these are the values i used in my connect scripts,
which, i probably still have...i'll have to check

-----Original Message-----
From: James Lee Bell [mailto:jbell@eai-healthcare.com]
Sent: Tuesday, June 13, 2000 1:42 PM
To: plug-discuss@lists.PLUG.phoenix.az.us
Subject: Re: chose new ISP, now can dial them but not connect

Kevin Buettner wrote:
> I don't use Inficad, but can offer you the following (rather generic)
> suggestions.  Inficad users will be able to offer you more precise
> advice.
>  1) Dial your new ISP using kermit or some other communication program.
>     Enter your username and password and make note of the prompts.  Some
>     ISPs give you a special username for PPP access.  Make sure you use
>     that one if that's the case.
I'm fairly certain inficad doesn't use PAP, but it DOES put a capital
"P" in front of the username to signify you are making a PPP
connection.  IOW, my inficad username is "carillon" (all lower case,
without the quotes), but in both W98 DUN and Kppp and straight (command
line) ppp I have to feed it "Pcarillon".

Hope this helps.