chose new ISP, now can dial them but not connect

James Lee Bell jbell@eai-healthcare.com
Tue, 13 Jun 2000 13:41:51 -0700

Kevin Buettner wrote:
> I don't use Inficad, but can offer you the following (rather generic)
> suggestions.  Inficad users will be able to offer you more precise
> advice.
>  1) Dial your new ISP using kermit or some other communication program.
>     Enter your username and password and make note of the prompts.  Some
>     ISPs give you a special username for PPP access.  Make sure you use
>     that one if that's the case.
I'm fairly certain inficad doesn't use PAP, but it DOES put a capital
"P" in front of the username to signify you are making a PPP
connection.  IOW, my inficad username is "carillon" (all lower case,
without the quotes), but in both W98 DUN and Kppp and straight (command
line) ppp I have to feed it "Pcarillon".

Hope this helps.