Stop PCMCIA reloading

der.hans PLUGd@LuftHans.com
Mon, 12 Jun 2000 15:27:46 -0700 (MST)

Am 12. Jun, 2000 schwäzte Nathan Saper so:

> OK, this problem has beeen bugging me for a while, but I've just
> decided to try to fix it.
>
> Whenever I close the screen on my notebook computer, the PCMCIA
> drivers are unloaded and reloaded.  This causes a problem because both
> my modem and my SCSI card are PCMCIA; therefore, when I close the
> screen, I am 1) disconnected from the Internet, and 2) my SCSI drive
> is unmounted.
>
> Is there a way to fix this?

Is your laptop suspending when you do that? Probably so. The default for
Linux is to now do the eject/insert cycle. You can can change this, but I
don't remember how. Search the laptop mailing list.

        http://www.mail-archive.com/lists.html
        http://www.linuxhq.com/lnxlists/

One of those two should have it. It used to be a fairly common question on
the list.

ciao,

der.hans
--
#  der.hans@LuftHans.com   home.pages.de/~lufthans/   www.Opnix.com
# "... the social skills of a cow on acid." - der.hans