Why would Maximum Linux magazine have a Linux apps cd with IE 5?

Rick Rosinski rick@rickrosinski.com
Thu, 8 Jun 2000 16:19:49 -0700

I just baught Maximum Linux magazine, and it came with a CD-ROM devoted to
everything Linux   -at least that's what it was sold to be.  Everything seems
Linux on the CD, until I ran into Internet Explorer 5.0.1.  I thought "maybe M$
finally ported a version of IE to Linux"  But, then I looked into the
directory, saw the CAB files, and the EXEs.  I read the Readme, and the
requirements were Windows 95... and Windows NT.  Nothing about Linux.

Why would they bundle IE, which doesn't run on Linux, with the rest of the CD?

--
Rick Rosinski
http://rickrosinski.com