newbie needs ISP recommendations

arthur dent raftman44@telecom-digest.zzn.com
Wed, 7 Jun 2000 15:18:28 -0700

Greetings all,

I'm new to PLUG but not new to *nix, having used various flavors for years at work and have
been running RH6.0 for over a year now at home.

I'm fed up with the continued incompentence of  my current ISP - T1AMERICA - and am
seeking recommendations for a good ISP to sign up with. "Good" being defined as
   - support 56k dial-up, good modem/user ratio
   - have newsserver with plenty of newsgroups covered and fast feed
   - very high reliability
   - high degree of privacy
   - solid support ( techies should know their business on THEIR end)
   - prefer  local dialup number(s)

Any suggestions? This list seems to be the best place to ask such a quesiton. Names/URLs
would be appreciated.

Thanks,

raftman

ZapZone brought to you by WhatUSeek: http://www.whatUseek.com/webmaster/email.html
Get your own Web-Based E-mail Service at http://www.zzn.com.
Get your 100MB FREE Internet storage!  Sign up now -
www.netdrive.com/?O=ZZN4
Get your 100MB FREE Internet storage! Sign up now - www.netdrive.com/?O=ZZN4