php3

Mark Peoples hondaman@mainex1.asu.edu
Tue, 06 Jun 2000 17:41:42 -0700

You may need to create a sym link or two for the module to start working...I
had this problem once before and that's what fixed it. The install
instructions I used were part of the PHP/MySQL tutorial from
hotwired.com..they were very clear and easy to follow.

-----Original Message-----
From: Don Harrop [mailto:don@nis4u.com]
Sent: Tuesday, June 06, 2000 4:31 PM
To: plug-discuss@lists.PLUG.phoenix.az.us
Subject: php3

I'm still trying to get php3 working as a module under apache with mysql
support.  Someone gave me the suggestion to actually compile support into
the php3 module.  So I grabbed the tar file instead of  using any rpm
packages and compiled everything.  I now have a new module for php3 in my
modules directory.  When I uncomment out the lines in httpd.conf for php3
support and start the server I still get problems.  httpd says it's starting
but never actually runs.  I've checked out /var/log/messages and it's got a
record of httpd starting but no errors afterwards..  I recomment the php3
lines and boom!  httpd is back up again.  Bad compile options?  I dunno.

Don