Perl Warning Message

der.hans PLUGd@LuftHans.com
Mon, 5 Jun 2000 18:31:40 -0700 (MST)

On Mon, 5 Jun 2000, Nathan Saper wrote:

> After installing Helix GNOME, I get the following message when running any
> Perl program:
>
> perl: warning: Setting locale failed.
> 	LANGUAGE = (unset),
> 	LC_ALL = (unset),
> 	LANG = "(null)"
>     are supported and installed on your system.
>

> What can I do to correct this?

Setting your LCvars will work around it. I think "export LC_ALL=c" or
equals en_US will fix it. There's a way to set the system wide
environment, but I've mostly run into this on AIX and never bothered to
find the real fix for Linux. It's probably includes adding the locales I
need.

locate en_US should find where it's kept on your machine.

ciao,

der.hans
--
#  der.hans@LuftHans.com   home.pages.de/~lufthans/   www.OpNIX.com
# Knowledge is useless unless it's shared. - der.hans