Onstream DI-30 Tape

KeithSmith compunerd@gci-net.com
Thu, 01 Jun 2000 19:02:19 -0700

Kevin Buettner wrote:

> On Jun 1,  2:59pm, KeithSmith wrote:
>
> > I am prompted twice `previously applied patch
> > detected: Assume -R?'
> >
> > According to the HowTo this means I am trying to
> > "apply a patch which is below your current version
> > number".
>
> No.  It sounds to me like the patch (or a portion of it) has already
> been applied.  Take a look at the patch and the source code that
> you're trying to patch to see.

This is way over my head.  Is there a more common
backup system that everyone is using that is
easier to deal with?

I bought the Onstream after I saw that they had a
patch and though it would be easy to install.

Lets say I find that part of the patch has been
installed already - then what?

Could I already have a tape device compiled into
my kernel already? - how would I check this?

Thanks,
Keith