Off-Topic: Custom Boot Logos

Codie William Masters retsamedoc@home.com
Fri, 28 Jul 2000 23:25:40 -0700

Hi, I'm trying to install a custom boot logo in my linux kernel (2.2.16)
of 640x480 running at a VESA moode of the same size. I can compile it
and everything works great but the boot logo looks corrupted during
boot. The kernel messages seem to be taking over the last 6 rows on the
picture. I'm using 640x480x32bpp and I used the glogo script-fu in
GIMP to create my linux_logo.h

The question I have is there a bug in glogo or the kernel's VESA stuff
that corrupts anything that size? I have tried other resolutions
(800x600, 1024x768, etc) and the same thing still happens. What needs to
be fixed and how can I fix it?

    Many thanks in advance.

    -Zach