Red Hat, Caldera, SuSE, Mandrake, Debian, FreeBSD??

Mark Berkwitt mberkwitt@home.com
Sat, 29 Jul 2000 02:37:19 -0700

I just received delivery from LinuxMall of my new cd's and OS's including:

1. Red Hat Linux 6.2
2. Linux-Mandrake 7.0
3. SuSE Linux 6.4
4. Caldara OpenLinux 2.4
5. Official Debian GNU/Linux 2.1 (2 CD set)
6. FreeBSD 4.0

I'm familiar with Red Hat and Mandrake, but not the others.  These are the
ones offered that seemed most interesting.

Strangely, SuSE's README file suggested that this version is a trial
version.  I wonder what that means.

It seems that the Caldara cd is their desktop only dist.

I don't have a clue about FreeBSD.  I may of wasted .99 but I was curious.
The fact is I wanted to order as many cd's as I could without incurring
another shipping charge.  For .99 how can you lose?

Most commercial (I gather) and rather intriguing are the SuSE and Caldera
distributions.  I wonder what they'll be like when I finally go to install
them.

Opinions welcome.