debian newbie

der.hans PLUGd@LuftHans.com
Fri, 28 Jul 2000 00:52:18 -0700 (MST)

Am 27. Jul, 2000 schwäzte Jason Brown so:

> sure.  edit the /etc/apt/sources.list file and change the ftp or http
> entries to "potato" where it says either "slink" or "stable".  If you only
> have cdrom entries in the sources.list file, run the config option within
> dselect to set up the servers easily.

Just to add to that to make sure you know what options to give apt-get:

apt-get update
apt-get install apt # this needs to be done on upgrades from slink
                    # to potato
apt-get install debconf # not really necessary, but I prefer this on
                        # upgrades from slink to potato
apt-get -u dist-upgrade

ciao,

der.hans
--
#  der.hans@LuftHans.com   home.pages.de/~lufthans/   www.Opnix.com
#  You can't handle the source! - der.hans