to code or not to code?

Mike Cantrell mikec@autodispatch.com
Thu, 27 Jul 2000 08:44:26 -0700

The same thing goes for Perl.You can use the module straight from the shell
if you know what you are doing:

perl -MO=CC[,OPTIONS] foo.pl

This will translate the code (along with the perl interpreter) to C code and
you can then compile it with your standard C compiler. You can also use the
frontend to the module wich will also autocompile it with it's best guess
for compiler flags and such with the perlcc command.

see these pages:
http://www.perl.com/pub/doc/manual/html/lib/B/CC.html
http://www.perl.com/pub/doc/manual/html/utils/perlcc.html

Regards,