P.S. - Netscape Quirk

Michael Vanecek mike@mjv.com
Wed, 26 Jul 2000 09:43:57 -0500

I assumed Netscape was trying to resolve something as it does this
sometime when pulling up a site with lots of junk on it that takes a
while to put together. I got Ethereal and discovered that Netscape was
trying to resolve the newsgroup servers I use periodically - 3dfx and
Mesa. It would keep trying until my connection was made and it could
find them. That seems kinda stupid to me - it doesn't try to resolve my
mailserver - so why try to resolve the newsserver? I deleted them and
everything is hunky-dorry. I'll just grab a third-party newsbrowser
until Netscape pulls it's head out...

Thanks,
Mike