Install as Server vs. Custom

Mark Berkwitt mberkwitt@home.com
Wed, 26 Jul 2000 13:46:22 -0700

For now I would just like to set it up as follows:

Cable modem to server, server to workstation.  So far I've got the
workstation which I want to use soon to study Python and then Java.

I would like to use the server to allow internet browsing on both the server
and the workstation.
But probably more importantly, I would like to make my little intranet
secure against 24.0.94.130 who constantly appears in my ZoneAlarm log file.
I don't know what this IP is about but I can't help but wonder if this is
someone who's constantly searching out vulnerabilities.  It feels like I've
got bars on my windows and it's the Night of the Living Dead.
IOW, I need a firewall or some kind of security.
All wizdom appeciated.

-----Original Message-----
From: plug-discuss-admin@lists.PLUG.phoenix.az.us
[mailto:plug-discuss-admin@lists.PLUG.phoenix.az.us]On Behalf Of Mark
Peoples
Sent: Wednesday, July 26, 2000 1:14 PM
To: 'plug-discuss@lists.PLUG.phoenix.az.us'
Subject: RE: Install as Server vs. Custom

Go for custom...always, or else you'll end up with junk you won't need that
takes up space...

...at the end of the RH installer, it will tell you if there are
dependencies that you need to fulfill and you can either go back and tell
the installer to install them or have the installer do it automagically for
you.