PCMCIA driver package

Mark Peoples hondaman@mainex1.asu.edu
Tue, 25 Jul 2000 23:03:23 -0700

NT thinks that .rpm is another real player file.

See (from regedit):  My Computer\HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\

First, see if has an association in explorer. If not, then there's one in
there called .rpm . Try removing it...that should do the trick, but I'm not
sure...I couldn't replicate it here.

-----Original Message-----
From: Peter Martin [mailto:mazdaracer@earthlink.net]
Sent: Tuesday, July 25, 2000 10:54 PM
To: plug-discuss@lists.PLUG.phoenix.az.us
Subject: PCMCIA driver package

I found the package (I think) I need for the 3COM ...556... modem/net
card on my PC. But every time I try to download it from RedHat, I get ma
message (running  from my NT system) 'do I want to install Real Player'
!

Why, how?? This is a bit of insanity! Will all **.rpm files give me this
from windoze based access?

Thanks for any info!