Ethernet Cards

Craig White CraigWhite@AzApple.com
Tue, 25 Jul 2000 17:42:22 -0700

I tend to use Linksys switches (not hubs) and SMC PCI NIC's with my clients
setups and find that I get the best performance price ratio without spending
much time fooling around with stupid things like drivers that don't work.
Throughput seems good.

I like the 3Com cards but when I'm happy with the SMC cards at half the
price, the price generally wins out.

I have had Netgear hubs fail. Have yet to have a problem with a Linksys
switch.

Craig

- Craig White - PO Box 8634 - Scottsdale, Arizona - 85252
- e-mail address ................ - CraigWhite@AzApple.com
- world wide web address ........ - http://www.AzApple.com
- e-mail my pager address ....... - 6023779752@airtouch.net
- cellular phone ................ - (602) 377-9752
- voice/facsimile ............... - (480) 945-8445