Plug-discuss digest, Vol 1 #356 - 14 msgs

Adam Muntner adam@alienzoo.com
Tue, 25 Jul 2000 08:40:53 -0700

dont have time to check out the command line but heres a few things to
check.

1) are you in a switched environment?  if so, you need to stick the user
on a hub, and the linux box on a hub.  a switch (unless its a leeto cool
programmable one) wont echo all data from all ports to all ports.  thats
what makes it a switch. :)

2) if it's sendmail, just force sendmail to echo all his outgoing mail
to you.  since it's windows, he won't have his own MTA on his own box.

3) what your boss asked you to do is perfectly legal.  unless express
notice that email is private from a work email address is given, there
can be no promise of privacy.  An employer has the legal right to
examine all employee email.

adam