Netscape Quirk

Michael Vanecek mike@mjv.com
Mon, 24 Jul 2000 10:33:56 -0500

This has been a problem that has plagued me over several versions of RH
- I access the internet through a lan-modem router using Netscape, and
until the router actually makes a connection, Netscape is totally locked
up. Once it makes the connection then everything is fine. This is
usually not a big deal unless I'm doing web-work from my workstation and
don't need the internet just yet. Just to test a web page I created I
have to sit and wait for the connection to be made before Netscape will
display it. Afterwards I can usually disconnect safely though once and a
while Netscape locks up and I need to reconnect. Is this just one of
those quirks with Netscape that we've learned to live with, or is there
something I can do on my LAN settings to eliminate this problem?

Mike

RH6.2
Netscape 4.72