touchy subject -> sniffit

sinck@ugive.com sinck@ugive.com
Tue, 25 Jul 2000 07:32:37 -0700 (MST)

\_ I know this is a touchy subject for some of you, but I am
\_ the sysadmin, and have been asked to provide some info about
\_ a user.
\_
\_ I am trying to get sniffit to work, but can't seem to pick up
\_ any packets from the Win machines.  I can sniff
\_ my own laptop (Linux) with something like:
\_ sniffit -p 25 -l 0 -P tcp -b -s 192.168.3.44 -F eth&
\_ and grab some info. But the same does not work on a windows
\_ machine. I'm looking to grab the mail sent from a PC.

If you have routers between you and them, this would explain the
difficulty.  :-)

And posting the suspicious internal address would alert them if they
are on the list too.  :-)

There are other products as well; try a freshmeat search.  Etherape
comes to mind.

David