to code or not to code?

Jim farli@wiredglobal.com
Mon, 24 Jul 2000 14:29:43 -0700

I believe you Mike - without a foundation in OOP, Perl IS easier to learn
and use.  But I have heard a lot of horror stories about people either
trying to pick up someone else's Perl script and rewriting it (what a
total waste of time) or going back to a script they wrote a while back and
not understanding either what they wanted to do, why they did it the way
they did, or even how the script works.  My best scenario for Perl - the
simpler the task, the simpler the script, the better off you are using
Perl.  Imho, Perl, just like every other tool, has its place.