SQL 7 -> MySQL

Mark Peoples hondaman@mainex1.asu.edu
Mon, 24 Jul 2000 13:26:54 -0700

In PHP, this is rather simple because there are functions for MSSQL.
However, these require some additional drivers to be installed.

Now, I'm not a perl person, but, I assume you can create sub-routines or
whatever, or they probably already exist, that use an ODBC connection...that
method might work.

Here is a link explaining how PHP does it...it has a link to the drivers
(Sybase CT, a free version)
http://www.php.net/FAQ.php#4.1

-----Original Message-----
From: Mike Starke [mailto:mgcon@neta.com]
Sent: Sunday, July 23, 2000 1:28 PM
To: plug-discuss@lists.PLUG.phoenix.az.us
Subject: SQL 7 -> MySQL

First of all, I would like to thank everyone who has answered or responded
to my questions in the past. I have a bad habit of posting, getting loads
of great repsonses, but sometimes fail to whip back a quick Thanks.

I am trying to figure out how to create a Perl script to access a MS SQL
server, grab/copy some tables, and dump them into my MySQL server. This
would not
be a one time shot, it will probably be something I would like to run
thru cron.  I quess my question is how do I connect (providing they will
give me access to the SQL 7 server)? Do I have to install some Perl
Modules that will handle this?

All bones thrown are always appreciated.

Mike
mgcon@getnet.com
http://www.getnet.com/~mgcon
Phoenix, AZ