SQL 7 -> MySQL

Lucas Vogel lvogel@exponent.com
Sun, 23 Jul 2000 13:30:59 -0700

My first step into this kind of venture would be to shop around CPAN for any
kind of module that says MS SQL Server in its title or description. Or, if
you have one for (SQL Server) 6.5, see if that one works.

If all else fails, I know of one for python :)

-----Original Message-----
From: Mike Starke [mailto:mgcon@neta.com]
Sent: Sunday, July 23, 2000 1:28 PM
To: plug-discuss@lists.PLUG.phoenix.az.us
Subject: SQL 7 -> MySQL

First of all, I would like to thank everyone who has answered or responded
to my questions in the past. I have a bad habit of posting, getting loads
of great repsonses, but sometimes fail to whip back a quick Thanks.

I am trying to figure out how to create a Perl script to access a MS SQL
server, grab/copy some tables, and dump them into my MySQL server. This
would not
be a one time shot, it will probably be something I would like to run
thru cron.  I quess my question is how do I connect (providing they will
give me access to the SQL 7 server)? Do I have to install some Perl
Modules that will handle this?

All bones thrown are always appreciated.

Mike
mgcon@getnet.com
http://www.getnet.com/~mgcon
Phoenix, AZ