scanner/camera

KeithSmith compunerd@gci-net.com
Wed, 19 Jul 2000 17:15:22 -0700

Hi Shawn,

Thanks for all the info..... Scroll down.

"Shawn T. Rutledge" wrote:

---------SNIP----------

> I've found it more practical to remove the compact-flash card
> from the camera and plug it into a CF adapter.  Mine is on the IDE
> bus but you can also get a PCMCIA-to-CF adapter, which would work in
> a notebook or a Linux supported PCMCIA slot drive.  And you might also
> be able to do it with other media types, but I think CF has the best
> future (can be used for more than memory... IBM microdrives, modems,
> wireless Internet devices, etc).

I will be using the camera to take pictures for articles I will be
writing for http://www.christian-home.net and will need to take 10 or
maybe 20 pictures at a time.

The compact-flash card sounds interesting.  What type of camera are
you talking about.

How many pictures can I take / store in one compact-flash module?

Is it feasible to have more than one compact-flash?

Thanks in advance,
Keith