ssh rpm

der.hans PLUGd@LuftHans.com
Wed, 19 Jul 2000 09:36:01 -0700 (MST)

Am 18. Jul, 2000 schwäzte Michael F. March so:

> I just want to 'plug' openssh.  Use it instead of regular ssh.

Yup, use openssh, not ssh. This, BTW, removes any excuse RedHat could have
for not bundling ssh with the dist. If they don't have it in 6.3 they
would be telling me that they don't consider security (or convenience) at
all when bundling their dist.

Somebody should explain to them what sudo is as well ;-).

In any case the RedHat RPMs available through www.OpenSSH.com are provided
by one of the OpenSSH developers, so should be trustworthy. It requires
OpenSSL, which can be obtained via www.OpenSSL.org.

ciao,

der.hans

PS "apt-get install ssh" is really the way to go, though ;-).
--
#  der.hans@LuftHans.com   home.pages.de/~lufthans/   www.Opnix.com
# "... the social skills of a cow on acid." - der.hans