scanner/camera

Lucas Vogel lvogel@exponent.com
Tue, 18 Jul 2000 23:18:26 -0700

I recently went through the ordeal of trying to get a scanner to work under
Linux. When I finally got the one I needed that would actually work(Umax
1200S, ~$128 at Fry's), the SCSI card that came with it wouldn't work
because of its very low quality, requiring me to buy a separate SCSI card,
which I couldn't afford to do, so I had to take the scanner back.

It looked pretty nice though, sitting on my desk... :)

-----Original Message-----
From: Kevin O'Connor [mailto:kevin_oconnor@geocities.com]
Sent: Tuesday, July 18, 2000 6:50 PM
To: plug-discuss@lists.PLUG.phoenix.az.us
Subject: Re: scanner/camera

The scanner should be a SCSI that is supported by SANE.

I would suggest one of the better Sony Mavica's. We had one at work and
it was real nice. Pictures are saved to a 2x speed internal floppy drive
in Jpeg format - very handy. Floppies are in a MicroSoft format so they
can be read on most anything. The camera's optics were pretty good to
with a 14 x optical zoom lens...

KeithSmith wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> I'm looking to buy a scanner and a digital camera.  I need it to work
> first with windows and later with Linux.
>
> Any Suggestions?
>
> Thanks for all your feedback.
>
> Keith

Kevin O'Connor

The root of all superstition is that men observe when a thing hits,
but not when it misses.
                -- Francis Bacon