Evil, stinky fonts under Netscape

der.hans PLUGd@LuftHans.com
Tue, 18 Jul 2000 16:21:32 -0700 (MST)

Am 17. Jul, 2000 schwäzte Mark Berkwitt so:

> Strangely, adding that line of code
>
> Netscape*documentFonts.sizeIncrement: 5
> to your .Xdefaults file, log out and log in again.
>
> Worked when I logged on as root, but there was no .Xdefaults file under my
> regular user accounts.  I suspect I've just revealed how little I know;
> could it be that that's why it's called a default file?  Anyway, it makes a
> decent change for the root surfer, but I as user still see those tiny fonts.

OK, Kevin answered your tech questions better than I could :).

OTOH, you shouldn't know what netscape looks like for the root user as it
shouldn't be launched from a root account.

Run things under an unpriviledged account unless they need to be run as
root. Even then most of it can be done via sudo ;-).

ciao,

der.hans
--
#  der.hans@LuftHans.com   home.pages.de/~lufthans/   www.Opnix.com
#  Only wimps use tape backup: _real_ men just upload their important