process priority

plug@arcticmail.com plug@arcticmail.com
Tue, 18 Jul 2000 14:28:25 -0700

Only a login with root privileges (UID 0) can give a
process a higher priority.

Normal logins can only lower the priority of a process,
hence the name "nice."

So, if you normally run as a normal login, you'll need
to permit your login to execute "renice" via sudo, or
something similar, if you want mpg123 to run at a
higher priority.