NetScape

Lucas Vogel lvogel@exponent.com
Sat, 15 Jul 2000 15:08:06 -0700

What version of Caldera and Netscape are you running?

-----Original Message-----
From: KeithSmith [mailto:compunerd@gci-net.com]
Sent: Saturday, July 15, 2000 2:01 PM
To: plug-discuss@lists.PLUG.phoenix.az.us
Subject: NetScape

Hi Mark,

Mark Berkwitt wrote:

> I don't know at what level of experience you are with linux, I'm rather
new
> myself, but is it possible your kernel isn't using all of your ram?

<----------Snip----------->

Just about the time I think I might know something about Linux,
something comes along to humble me.

Almost seems like that could be the problem.  256Megs of RAM seems
like a bunch.  When I first installed Caldera the documentation said
it only "sees" 64MB.

Tech support told me to add the line "append = "mem=256M"" to my
lilo.conf.  I did that and ran lilo to update it.

My swap was not working also so they said to add the line

"/dev/hda2 swap swap default 0 0" to my fstab file.

When I run free it says I have 251MEGs of RAM and 117MEGs of swap.

I almost think there is a memory leak in NetScape because it takes
about 20 minutes to begin having problems and once I stop / restart
NetScape it is fine again.

If others are not having these problems then maybe it has something to
do with Caldera or my setup or hardware.

Who knows.

Keith