logging -> 2 questions

Mike Starke mgcon@neta.com
Fri, 14 Jul 2000 10:29:10 -0700 (MST)

1. I have been running minicom to capture all the calls from our
phone system into /dev/ttyS1. Works good, but I have been wondering
if there is another way to do this as a background process and
have the info captured to a file.  I have tried: 'minicom -C file &'
but minicom doesn't flush out to the file consistently. Any ideas?

2. I would like to begin tracking the volume going thru my 'firewall'
by logging all the packets. I used to use the accounting (A, I beleive)
rule in ipfwadm in the older kernel, but with ipchains I am having
a tough time.  I know this should be simple, but could someone
throw  me a bone?

Mike
mgcon@getnet.com
http://www.getnet.com/~mgcon