broadband peril

Mark Peoples hondaman@mainex1.asu.edu
Tue, 11 Jul 2000 14:57:06 -0700

that URL...they do their own DSL I think, but they also have a wireless
option

-----Original Message-----
From: joel@silverw.com [mailto:joel@silverw.com]
Sent: Tuesday, July 11, 2000 2:48 PM
To: Plug-discuss@lists.PLUG.phoenix.az.us
Subject: broadband peril

I am appealing to the list in hopes they may have information to eliminate
my modem woes.  Seems USwest can't decide if I am eligable for DSL (depends
on who I talk to, different answer every time).  Cox@home is unavailable.
All that is left is sprint broadband (right??).  now I know this topic has
come up in the past, however I have one simple question.  In contrast to a
56K dialup, is sprint broadband worth the cash??  Thanks for taking the time
to read my message.

- Joel

"For the scientist who has lived by his faith in the power of reason, the
story ends like a bad dream. He has scaled the mountains of ignorance; he is
about to conquer the highest peak; as he pulls himself over the final rock,
he is greeted by a band of theologians who have been sitting there for
centuries."

- Dr. Robert Jastrow
        Founder of NASA"s Goddard Institute for space studies