Holy War: RE: Package management vs. ./configure

plug@arcticmail.com plug@arcticmail.com
Mon, 10 Jul 2000 09:49:56 -0700

So you think Helix GNOME's install/update utility is
nifty, eh?  Close your eyes.  Imagine an ENTIRE
Operating System like that.  Poof!  Debian!

BTW, Helix IS pretty cool!  To install/upgrade Helix
GNOME on Debian:

1.  Add the line

deb http://spidermonkey.helixcode.com/distributions/debian woody main

    to /etc/apt/sources.list

2.  apt-get update

3.  apt-cache search helix

4.  apt-get install task-helix-core task-helix-gnome task-helix-gnome-dev

To ensure that your entire OS is up-to-date, just run

     apt-get update
     apt-get dist-upgrade

every night or once a week.