UPS system internlinking

Craig White CraigWhite@AzApple.com
Sun, 9 Jul 2000 22:02:46 -0700

OK got me - I figured I could go cheap at home - would not do this to a
client but I bought a regulator pro by Belkin and of course, they only have
Windows software (CD & web site).

I found Network UPS Tools earlier at Freshmeat and installed it. If I knew
how to refer to a com port as a device   /dev/ttyS1 ???? I might be able to
make it work. I keep getting an inability to read data from the UPS. The
linux documentation project (thanks for the direction) suggests that the
supplied cables for many of these units are insufficient for linux but the
Network UPS tools makes no such mention and it infers that the Belkin unit
that I bought should work.

Perhaps it is just my inability to define the device/port.

Craig

- Craig White - PO Box 8634 - Scottsdale, Arizona - 85252
- e-mail address ................ - CraigWhite@AzApple.com
- world wide web address ........ - http://www.AzApple.com
- e-mail my pager address ....... - 6023779752@airtouch.net
- cellular phone ................ - (602) 377-9752
- voice/facsimile ............... - (480) 945-8445