[Tutor] Writing a web bot.

Mike Sheldon msheldon@desertraven.com
Sun, 9 Jul 2000 08:18:54 -0700

Correct.

Michael J. Sheldon
Internet Applications Developer
Phone: 480.699.1084
http://www.desertraven.com/
PGP Key Available on Request

-----Original Message-----
From: plug-discuss-admin@lists.PLUG.phoenix.az.us
[mailto:plug-discuss-admin@lists.PLUG.phoenix.az.us]On Behalf Of Mark D.
Holbert
Sent: Saturday, July 08, 2000 16:03
To: plug-discuss@lists.PLUG.phoenix.az.us
Subject: Re: [Tutor] Writing a web bot.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but persistent connections in PHP have to do with
opening a connection between the Web Server and the Database that may be
used by multiple connections.  This allows the Web Server (e.g. Apache) to
open a single connection to the database (e.g. MySQL) instead of going
through the process of opening a connection, run SQL statement, close
connection every time someone hits a page that need to access data.  We have
found that it doesn't make that big of a difference on a low traffic web
site, but I imagine that it would if you were serving 1000's of pages every
hour.

Mark Holbert