duplicate RPMs installed

sinck@ugive.com sinck@ugive.com
Fri, 7 Jul 2000 09:43:22 -0700 (MST)

\_ Make sure the files are removed and compile the source.. ;)
\_
\_ I have completely lost faith in RPM, I haven't used dselect in a while, but
\_ in my opinion, you can't get a cleaner install than compiling and installing
\_ it yourself.

Yuppers.

The two main reasons I cut over to RH was that it managed dependencies
and came with an 'uninstall' option.

I don't want to spend out hours figuring out from reading some
obscured documentation on some software that it depends on
ncurses-9.9-alpha.

And at the same time, if I want it to go away, what are the chances
the author has arranged it so that there is an 'uninstall' target in
the Makefile?

Plus, watching X rebuild from source has to be about as fun as running
fingers through a tablesaw, and I've done that.  [Not recommended for
home viewers.]

David