Secure Linux Distro

J.L.Francois jlf@magusnet.gilbert.az.us
Wed, 5 Jul 2000 15:39:06 -0700

It seems like on Wed, Jul 05, 2000 at 06:22:41PM -0400, Furmanek, Greg scribbled:
Orig Msg> -> Sorry to say that the scripts and configs are part of the
Orig Msg> -> MagusNet, Inc.
Orig Msg> -> consulting practice and usually only given away to the tune
Orig Msg> -> of $150/Hr.
Orig Msg> ->
Orig Msg> -> All of the software that I use is OpenSource and freely
Orig Msg> -> available, the tricks of making them work together are
Orig Msg> -> my secret for now.
Orig Msg>
Orig Msg> Which OS software do you use??
Orig Msg>

OS: Debian & OpenBSD on SPARC and Intel X86
Proxy & Cache: DeleGate - http://www.delegate.org/
Scripts: Bash and Perl
Port Filtering: ipfwadm/ipchains/ipfilter

It has taken me 3 years to fine tune the whole thing.
The Public Proxy is part resume part application testing for real
world proxy use at an Enterprise level.

When I first starting using DeleGate all of the docs were in japanese
so I had to use the source code to figure out how to configure and use it.

It was worth the effort and because of it I have my name in the CHANGES
file of an OpenSource project.

To see what the proxy is doing right now ( stats ):
http://proxy.magusnet.com:19999/-/    ----> MASTER PROXY
http://proxy.magusnet.com:8081/-/     ----> INDIVIDUAL PORT

Jean Francois Sends...
President & CEO - MagusNet, Inc., MagusNet.com, MagusNet.Gilbert.AZ.US
Director Of Managed Services - OpNIX,Inc., www.opnix.com
OpNIX - Simply Better Bandwidth
602-770-JLF1 - Cellular, ICQ:  8137851