Secure Linux Distro

J.L.Francois jlf@magusnet.gilbert.az.us
Wed, 5 Jul 2000 14:59:01 -0700

It seems like on Wed, Jul 05, 2000 at 05:45:13PM -0400, Furmanek, Greg scribbled:
Orig Msg> -> MagusNet, Inc. firewall rules and configs are constantly
Orig Msg> -> reconfigured based on attack signatures for each day.
Orig Msg> -> Every part of my hybrid firewall config is custom and looks
Orig Msg> -> nothing like what would come out of any distribution.
Orig Msg> -> There is no way *any* vanilla distro could account for
Orig Msg> -> the number and types of attacks I see in a 24 hour
Orig Msg> -> period due to running a Public Proxy.
Orig Msg>
Orig Msg> I would be interested in how to setup this kind of dynamic
Orig Msg> custamized firewall.  If you do not mind sharing the
Orig Msg> knowledge.
Orig Msg>

Sorry to say that the scripts and configs are part of the MagusNet, Inc.
consulting practice and usually only given away to the tune of $150/Hr.

All of the software that I use is OpenSource and freely
available, the tricks of making them work together are
my secret for now.

Jean Francois Sends...
President & CEO - MagusNet, Inc., MagusNet.com, MagusNet.Gilbert.AZ.US
Director Of Managed Services - OpNIX,Inc., www.opnix.com
OpNIX - Simply Better Bandwidth