E-mail and Cox

colin rasor " linuxnet"@home.com
Sun, 02 Jul 2000 23:11:29 -0700

--------------A71BC63219FCCDCEA3808C9B

--------------F62A75A6DD560BDDD243AEA6

David Demland wrote:

> Does any know now to get "mail-client" to talk to Cox e-mail. I have
> set everything up like on the PC and I keep getting an error message
> that a host can not be found. Any ideas? David

David,
 Here is what I did.
Guy comes out installs cable modem *on windows box*
 Colin gets dhcp working on his *linux firewall*
 Colin fires up dhclient on firewall and connects to internet
 Colin runs tcpdump to look at the pop3 requests made buy the *windows
box*(after typing the server name mail\)
 Colin enters gained ip addresse into mailer of choice on workstation.

Please keep in mind this only works if you have a account set up with
them. Either through the web or through technical service.
 Hope this helps!

David Demland wrote:
any know now to get "mail-client" to talk to Cox e-mail. I have set everything
up like on the PC and I keep getting an error message that a host can not
David,
*windows box*(after typing the server name mail\)
them. Either through the web or through technical service.

--------------F62A75A6DD560BDDD243AEA6--

--------------A71BC63219FCCDCEA3808C9B
 filename=" linuxnet.vcf"

begin:vcard
n:Rasor;Colin
tel;work:6023040299
x-mozilla-html:FALSE
url:http://www.specializedmillwork.com
org:http://www.specializedmillwork.com;IS
version:2.1
email;internet:linuxnet@home.com
adr;quoted-printable:;;	1918 S. VanBurean st.	=0D=0A=0D=0A=0D=0A;Phoenix;AZ;85010;United States of America
x-mozilla-cpt:;2
fn:Colin Rasor
end:vcard

--------------A71BC63219FCCDCEA3808C9B--