modelines for Sony CPD-E400

Ed Cernek Cernek@home.com
Mon, 03 Jul 2000 16:38:47 -0700

I have been able to get my Sony CPD-E400 (19") monitor working with
Linux by messing around with default modelines, but I am sure the
situation is not optimal. It looks pretty raggedy at 1280x1024 and
above; the left side of the display sort of tears a little and there are
left-right, up-down offset issues as well. I tried the Sony website and
their tech support 800 number: nobody seems to have heard of Linux. The
phone-drone even said I would have to talk to Microsoft about X-windows
issues. I politely said that X-windows had nothing to do with M$. I know
the monitor is CAPABLE of working very cleanly at up to 1600x1200 at
non-interlaced high refresh rates because it works well with W98.

Any help or pointers greatly appreciated. No W98 flames or sermons,
please.

Thanks, Ed.

.