graphics compression

PigPen pigpen@wiredglobal.com
Thu, 24 Feb 2000 20:18:56 -0700

It depends on what you will be using it for, and what size the image is.  GIFs are really good for smaller pictures that don't lose any quality when going to 256 colors.  I would use JPEG for big scanned in pictures.  If you have a windows box, then use Adobe Imageready and it will make it as small as possible without losing any quality.  I can even do it for you if you want to email it to me....  :)

(I do graphics for a living   :) )